Reese's peanut butter is one of my favourite things in the whole wide world. Infact, when ever I see the famous orange wrappers in a supermarket, I get a little excited and end up treating myself to way more than I should!
If you want to find out how to make this delicious (but extremely naughty!) Reese's peanut butter chocolate cake, let's dig in...
Firstly and quite obviously, you are going to need a few packets of Reese's peanut butter cups*... or 10 equalling 30 cups in total. However, 20 will do you just fine. I got mine from A Quarter Of who are an online retro sweets retailer with over 650 varieties of different sweets. It's heaven for any sugar lover!
Next, you will need the following ingredients to make your naughty chocolate cake...
- 125g plain flour
- 125g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 75ml crème fraîche
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100ml cold water
- 200g butter (cubed)
- 200g plain chocolate
To make the chocolate fudge ganache on top, you will need:
- 150ml double cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 150g plain chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170C.
- Grease your cake tin.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and water together in a saucepan over a low heat. Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, leave it to cool down.
- Melt the Reese's peanut butter cups in a separate bowl. This may take a while but eventually they will melt!
- Sift both the flours and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix in both types of sugars.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 3 eggs and crème fraîche together and then add in the chocolatey butter mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture and keep folding until all the final mixture is smooth.
- Finally, add in the Reese's chocolatey mixture and make sure everything is evenly mixed together.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and smooth the top using a bread knife or spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, occasionally checking on your beautiful creation.
Now leave to cool in the tin for ten minutes and then remove from the cake tin onto a wired rack.
THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl but make sure not to burn it!
- Add the double cream into the chocolate but off the heat.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix everything together.
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes so it thickens up.
- Now spoon the ganache on top of the cake.
Optional: Go crazy and add extra Reese's cups all over your chocolate cake.
There we have it! A super, duper yummy looking chocolate cake with a Reese's peanut butter cups twist! I can almost taste it between my lips! Infact, I may go have another slice now before someone eats it all!